Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Pete and I are sitting in a small cafe in Merryville, Louisiana and I am attempting to write a blog post on his iPhone. The combination of my fat fingers and the small keyboard may prevent me from sharing the usual details.

We made it out of beautiful new Orleans on Sunday after several days off rest and carb loading. Julie's friends graciously put us up and showed us the city including the hurricane damaged lower 9th. After over-eating at Sunday brunch we left and labored towards baton rouge. Today we find ourselves just shy of the Texas border. We plan to arrive in San Antonio Texas in time to spend Thanksgiving with Pete's sister. I will give more details when I find a real keyboard!

2 comments:

S Lazarus said...

Finally got a chance to join and follow your trip. Amazing is too simple a word to explain my awe towards what you are doing, experiencing and seeing. I noticed your feet touched the Atlantic, but not the bike. What gives?

Unknown said...

Pete and Ben:
I am Julie's Uncle Roger who lives in Las Cruces. (Also a Star Island guy.) Please try and let my wife and I know when you are cycling through southern New Mexico and we would be happy to offer you a bed and lots of carbs!
(We leave town Dec. 12, however.)
Texas is a VERY big state, but eat well in San Antonio!(And be careful with those cars!)
Roger and Carol Mellen
rpmellen@gmail.com
(575) 647-4321